Abe’s Real Bagels Limited ABN 94 829 824 873 (“Abe’s”, “we”, “us”, “our”) recognises the importance of safeguarding your personal information and compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (“the Act”).
Collection of Personal Information
We treat information as personal information if an individual person can be reasonably identified from that information. We will usually collect your personal information directly from you wherever it is reasonable and practicable to do so in the circumstances.
We usually collect personal information in the following ways:
- through your general dealings with us, including but not limited to, enquires, feedback, questions or complaints, or employment applications;
- If you enter or complete one of our competitions, offers, surveys or trade incentives or request or agree to receive information about us, our services or products;
- From credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities, where necessary to process a requested transaction;
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers) and/or your employer, where necessary to process a requested transaction; and
- publicly available sources of information or via any other method where you have given your consent.
Personal information mentioned above may be collected via our websites, selected third parties, via phone, in person, via fax, via email, via mail or via any other method determined by us.
The types of information we collect will depend on the nature of our relationship with you and may include, but is not limited to:
- Full name and contact details (including but not limited to your postal address, email address and phone numbers);
- demographic and employment information (including but not limited to your date and year of birth, gender, State or Territory of residence, occupation); and
- other information about your dealings with us.
You do not need to give us personal information, but if you don’t, we may not be able to help you or provide you with the requested services/products or allow you to participate in an advertised activity.
As a general rule we do not usually collect sensitive information. If you do provide sensitive information to us for any reason, you consent to us collecting that information and to us using and disclosing that information for the reason that you provided it to us and as permitted by the Act.
Use of Personal Information
Generally, we will only use and disclose personal information that we collect about you so that we can do business together and for the reason/s it was collected. This may include the following:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide you the requested services or facilitate purchase of requested products;
- to facilitate your entry and participation in competitions, promotions, offers, surveys and trade incentive programs and conduct of the same;
- to assess your suitability for employment with us;
- to improve and administer our business, services and products;
- to customise your experience when using our websites, products or services;
- to address and answer any enquiries, questions or any issues or complaints that you might have;
- to provide you with information, including information of a marketing nature, about our business, services or products, and activities you have expressed an interest in and/or to let you know about news, future projects, offers, products, services or activities that we think may be of interest to you;
- to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to disclose to our legal or other professional advisors and providers, when needed; and
- to comply with any law and disclose to other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
We may contact you in relation to the above via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by fax, by phone or in any other lawful manner.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to our employees and selected third parties, as we deem necessary to facilitate our dealings with you and provide our services, and products (and/or information about the same). Parties we may disclose personal information to include website providers, legal and other advisors and third party service providers, such as promotional agencies, website and database developers, couriers, etc. Where required by law, we may also disclose your personal information to the appropriate regulatory authorities.
We may disclose your personal information to individuals and entities in New Zealand. Our third party services providers may also disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. By giving us your personal information, you consent to the disclosure of this personal information. By consenting to the disclosure of your personal information, Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply and you agree that we do not have to take reasonable steps to ensure the Information is treated in accordance with the APPs.
Quality and Security
We may store personal information on internal computer databases, local hard drives and/or in hard copy at our offices, and we employ reasonable commercial physical and electronic security measures to protect any records that we hold which contain your personal information. We may also engage third party service providers to assist in storing and processing certain types of personal information for us.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the security and accuracy of personal information we hold, and to protect your personal information from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, interference, modification or disclosure, in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
A Cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit one of our websites. The Cookie is stored on your machine, but does not identify you.
A Cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our websites and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on the websites. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored.
Links to other sites
We may provide links to other websites on our websites. If you use these links, you will leave our website and we are not responsible for any of these websites, or their usage of your personal information. We recommend that you check the privacy policies on those websites.
Access, Correction and Opting Out
You can always opt out of receiving marketing material you receive from us via email, by following the instructions in the relevant email to unsubscribe, or opt out otherwise by contacting us on email@example.com with your request.
You also have a right to access and seek correction of the personal information we hold about you. You can do so by sending us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may need to provide proof of identity before we can grant access or make a requested change. In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you, however, we may deny you access if we reasonably believe that providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual, providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals, or it is otherwise appropriate for us to deny access in accordance with the Act.
If we agree with your request, we will make any changes requested. If we don’t agree to make changes, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.
Concerns or Complaints
If you have a concern or complaint in relation to our handling of your personal information or you believe that we have breached the Act or any other applicable privacy laws or codes, you can contact us by email at email@example.com. We will investigate your concerns and will respond to you in writing as soon as possible (usually within 14 working days).
Further information about your privacy rights can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au).
Last Updated: September 2016