Looking for a meatless option? Our vegetarian bagel recipe is tasty and full of flavour! It is so healthy and fresh, it makes this meal a real treat.
- 1 packet of ABE’S Bagels – Natural or Sesame Seed
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 packet of mozzarella
- 2 spring onion sticks
- ½ tsp of olive oil
- ½ tsp of red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp of butter
- a small handful of micro greens, fresh chervil or parsley
- drizzle of basil oil
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ lemon zest and juice
Toss 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes and 1-2 sliced spring onions with a splash of olive oil and red wine vinegar. Roast in a hot oven until they blister. Remove, season with sea salt flakes, freshly ground pepper, lemon zest and juice.
Split and lightly toast 2 halves of ABE’S Natural or Sesame Seed Bagels, then butter. Top with slices of fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. Garnish with some micro greens, fresh chervil or parsley. Add a drizzle with a little basil oil to serve.
Credited to Bite – recipe by Warren Elwin for Bite.co.nz. Photography by Tam West.