Delicious brunch bagel
Who doesn’t love a good bagel? Warm and chewy, crunchy outside, soft and doughy inside. This simple and easy recipe is great for a summer brunch, when there is plenty of beautiful fresh fruit around. It’s a no fail recipe.
- 1 packet of ABE’S Bagels – Cinnamon and Raisin
- ¼ cup of mascarpone (or crème fraîche)
- ¼ cup of yoghurt
- ½ lemon zest and juice
- a pinch of sugar (or honey)
- ¼ tsp of Xmas spice mix (recipe on bite.co.nz or use five-spice or cinnamon)
- 1 punnet of fresh berries
- 1 punnet of fresh strawberries
- 1-2 bananas
- 1 tsp of honey
- a drizzle of apple or maple syrup
- a couple of mint leaves
- 1-2 slices of bacon
Whisk ¼ cup of mascarpone (or crème fraîche), ½ cup of yoghurt, ½ lemon zest and juice, a pinch of sugar and ¼ tsp of Xmas spice mix (bite.co.nz). Fold fresh berries, strawberries and banana into the cream. Split and lightly toast 2 halves of ABE’S Cinnamon and Raisin Bagels, spread with honey and top generously with the fruit spread. Serve with a drizzle of apple or maple syrup and garnish with mint. Add a side of crispy bacon for a savoury note.
Credited to Bite – recipe by Warren Elwin for Bite.co.nz. Photography by Tam West.